Friday, September 25, 2015

Article Re-Post from The Gospel Source

Article re-posted from The Gospel Source:
http://thegospelsource.com/new-music-video-from-popular-worship-leader-janeen-michael/

Singer, worship leader and author Janeen Michael has released her first music video of the song “Overcomer’s Joy (I’’m Free)” which she wrote and recorded for her CD, Press On. The radio single was remixed by Ron Benner (Jennifer Holiday, Donnie McClurkin), Ray Seay, and Kenny Daniels (Prince, R. Kelly). The band included Jessie Bond (Mary J. Blige, Celine Dion) on lead guitar, John Elmore on keys, and Payge Cooper (Dietrick Haddon) on drums. The song was written as a personal victory cry from Michael who survived an abusive marriage to a pastor.

““When I was in an abusive relationship, I didn’t believe that I was an overcomer because I was intoxicated by my environment,”” says Michael. “”Taking one step at a time in deliberately trusting God with my life, released me from oppression. In doing so, it reoriented my lost vision of His character; ever present and unceasing in His care and love. Freedom is realized, within every decision we make, in each of life’s moments. I believe that freedom is a result of what we do and being an overcomer is a result of who we are.””

Michael shared her story in the book entitled, Journey to Love, which began as a personal journal that she kept during her 15 year marriage. Her story has been featured in various media outlets including Elev8, EEW Magazine, Atlanta Daily World, Faith Filled Family Magazine, among others. Michael says pastor’s wives are especially vulnerable to abuse because no one expects pastors to be abusers.

““The best advice I can give to any woman in an abusive situation is that God created you to love you,” says Michael. “He did not create you to be a manipulative play toy for another. Domestic violence is terribly disorienting and all impacted are in desperate need of reorientation. People often ask me why I stayed so long. In truth, I was empowered to do ‘something’ about my situation, but I kept doing the wrong ‘something’ which resulted in my prolonged stay. Full of a strong will, I decided to deploy my methods and strategies to cure the toxicity. It was the wrong ‘’something’’ because it only focused on ridding the natural symptoms to a problem that has a spiritual root cause. The solution isn’t a thing, it is a Him; the person of Jesus Christ. He must be accepted as Lord and Savior, fully and completely. Both abusers and those who are being abused must turn to God. He is the Solution to this problem.””

““Overcomer’’s Joy (I’’m Free)”” is currently being played by stations across the nation. Preview the music video at this link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyqyzvfuBRw. Visit www.JaneenMichael.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment